Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TUESDAY, MARCH 23

Psalm 149:1  Praise the Lord!  Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of the faithful.

Many times when I meditate I look to songs.  Songs to me are like a Singing Bible.  In songs, I can rejoice, thank and praise the Lord, as well as be encouraged and challenged in my daily living.

Lift Every Voice and Sing
Stony the road we trod, bitter the chastening rod,
Felt in the days when hope unborn had died;
Yet, with a steady beat, have not our weary feet
Come to the place for which our fathers sighed?
We have come over a way that with tears has been watered;
We have come, treading our path through the blood of the slaughtered,
Out from the gloomy past, till now we stand at last
Where the white gleam of our bright star is cast.
 
Great Is Thy Faithfulness
Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not;
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
Great is Thy faithfulness!  Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided:
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!

Fill My Cup
Fill my cup, let it over-flow; Fill my cup, let it over-flow;
Fill my cup, let it over-flow; let it over-flow with love.
Lord, let me be your instrument, spreading sunshine in the land;
Let people see Your works in me; Help me live the best I can.
It’s my desire to live for you and to always walk upright;
Give me the strength to face each day;
Stay with me through each dark night.

Prayer:  Dear God, I thank you for the opportunity to sing your praises.  I sing because I am happy, I sing because of your mercy, your eye is on the sparrow and I know that you watch me.  May your eyes continue to watch over us and bring us peace.  In Jesus’ name we pray.  Amen.

Rosy M. Latimore

No comments: