Sunday, March 21, 2010

SUNDAY, MARCH 21

Psalm 26:7  That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving and tell of all thy wondrous works.

My journey of faith continues with the strongest and most wonderful happening yet.  Carl and I have been contemplating moving to California for several years.  We have looked at houses during this time; however, we didn’t find “the right house.”  We wanted to be closer to our three California offspring and their families.

This year, on our California Christmas holidays, I felt the time was right and we would find “it.”  We looked near Julie, then near Tom and Bob, one half-hour south, but didn’t find “the one.”

Four days before we were to leave for Michigan, we were shopping at Nordstrom’s and waiting to check out.  I talked to another couple also waiting.  I mentioned Michigan.  The lady said she was from Charlevoix.  I told her we were looking for a house but hadn’t found one.  She responded that she had a house for sale that was not yet on the market.  Her mother had died and she was getting ready to sell her house.

We arranged to see it on Sunday.  Our families went with us.  The two sisters selling the house loved our family and we all loved the house.  It’s perfect, a one-story, end-unit condo with green belts to walk.  And, Carl can get out.  It’s five minutes from Julie, Ed and Samantha, and 25 minutes from Bob, Cindy, Ian and Will, and from Tom and Kimberly.

We are ecstatic about our being close to our offspring, being able to continue what I believe God chose me to do, and looking forward to better health for Carl.  We will miss our fifty-six years with First Presbyterian Church and all the wonderful people.

God moves in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform, and I truly believe his hand was on my shoulder when I talked to Kay, the lady from Charlevoix.  The next street over is Charing Cross which is around the corner from us here and another is Robinwood – we’re on Robinhood.

Prayer:  Loving God, thank you for your trust and having faith that we are truly in your hands.  Help me to honor that faith every day.  Amen.

Lou Stewart

No comments: