Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thursday, March 26

The angel said to them (the shepherds), ‘Do not be afraid … I bring you good news of great joy for all people ...’
Luke 2:10
Fear
What is it that causes one to be fearful? Is it because of what we don’t know? In scripture, there are many references to FEAR … which have different meanings.

Psalm 27:1 ~ The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear?
Of whom shall I be afraid?
Deuteronomy 6:8 ~ The Lord your God you shall fear!
Reverence
Psalm 23:4 ~ Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil.
I will not be afraid.
Philippians 2:12 ~ … work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Humbly and with dependence on God’s help


1 John 4:18 ~ There is no fear in love; love casts out fear for fear has to do with punishment; whoever fears has not reached perfection in love.
Mark 5:36 ~ ...Jesus said to the leaders in the synagogue, “Do not Fear, only believe”
Revelation14:7 ~ He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give God glory …”


Gracious and Loving God, cast out my fear of evil, allow me to believe.

Patricia Lindroth

No comments: