Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wednesday, March 25

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30


"You who are heavy laden" – What a morning! Calls from three dear friends, each sharing events that have brought them worry, frustration, doubts and fears – events and feelings that are not common in our daily lives today – real fears and concerns with no ready or easy answers.

As a child I was taught to “take it to the Lord in prayer” and to believe and trust in God's promises. This Lenten season is a good time to look at our own relationship with God. Do we truly believe and trust in God's promises? Are we secure in God's love and guidance in our lives? Are we thankful for what God has already provided and continues to offer each of us?


Gracious God, Open our hearts that we may be truly aware of Your constant and abiding love for each one of us – that we may know you have already taken the heaviest burdens from us-that we are Yours, redeemed through the life, death and resurrection of Your precious son, Jesus Christ. Help us to share that knowledge and Your love with all whose lives we touch. Amen.

Marg Thoms (1993)

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy-laden

No comments: